Friday, January 20, 2006

Stuart 'Physco' Pearce


I love this man. Great player with a wonderful left foot, great role model for his honesty, determination and never give up attitude, and now on his way to becoming a great(hopefully) manager. I can't think of anyone else in football quite like him anymore. Really enjoyed watching him play back at N.Forest, even his stint at Newcastle in the twilight of his career didn't stop him from giving 110% every single game. I could never forget the game at west ham where he was determined to get back on the field even though he could barely stand. It was later discovered that he actually had a broken foot! Truely physco, truely a great man. I salute you Pearce!


"I find the whole England situation quite embarrassing. I was in management for a couple of months when the first England stuff started. Then when we got one point out of four games over Christmas, no-one mentioned it. Suddenly, I win the derby and people are talking about England again. It is absolutely ludicrous and a massive slur on people who have been in club management for years. It is absolutely pathetic. I would not rule myself out of any job. But it is my belief someone should have international experience and many years in club management before they are considered for a job like England."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home