Thursday, March 23, 2006

tattoos

I just realised how difficult it is to find a tattoo studio in singapore with a decent website. A google search turns up the same couple of studios that have not updated their sites for years. (yes, I google around when I was planning to get my 1st tattoo like 4-5 years ago and the sites and pics I got back are EXACTLY the same)

Conclusion: Tattoo artistes are either non-tech savvy or plain lazy. I honestly believe its the latter.

People are asking me why I'm not going back to my orginal artist that did my last couple of tattoos, as honestly speaking, both the artwork and the needlework are great. However, the attitude of the artiste isn't. I understand that artists have their weird vibes and characters, but at the end of the day, the canvas that you are painting on is still mine, no matter how signature your drawings are. This particular artiste in question, D, always wants to do thing HIS way, despite what you really want. I specifically told him I wanted my tattoo in black and grey, above my chest, but he insisted that it should be in color and on my chest instead of being above it. After some haggling, we reached a compromise but after the tattoo was done, it was done in exactly the same way that he 1st proposed. What an ass. Yes, I admit it does look nice but I would have thought he should have the decency to respect my decision as well, since it is going to be with me for the rest of my life. Stupid artistic farts...

Anyway, would greatly appreciate if someone can recommend me a tattoo studio that does great oriental style tattoos at reasonable prices. Meanwhile, I'll just have to keep looking I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home