Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mongolian doctors

One goes to a doctor when he/she is sick and seeks help in relieving their ordeal. What happens when instead of getting better, you get worse?? Freaking quacks!

I finally went to the doctors last week after suffering from a terrible cough for close to a month, after repeated naggings by my parents and girlfriend. It had become a source of irriation for me as well, causing me to go into a coughing fit everytime I attempt to complete a sentence that uses more than 10 words. The doctor gave me a customary once over, and proceed to prescribe me with antibotics, cough syrup and some loganzes.

Total time taken : less than 30 secs
Total damage : $26

Damn. I should have listened to my mum and studied harder in school so that I could have been a doctor when I grow up. Assuming I work 8 hours a day,

8hrs x 60mins x $26 = $12,480!! gross sales per day

For paying almost a $1 for every second I spend with the doctor, I would have liked to get some value for money, some free gifts or whatever, or at the very least, cure me! Instead, 2 days after taking the medication, I started to develop rashes all over the body, a terrible sore throat and swollen gums. Went back to the clinic again, this time was attended to by another doctor(the orginal doctor was away) which informed me that it is a possible allergy reaction to the antibotics. I would have like to have been informed about the possible allergy reaction BEFORE I took the medication, and the stupid doctor still have the cheek to tell me that my cough has gotten better and that most of my phelgm has cleared! Fuck you understand! I would rather have my cough back without the sore throat, swollen gums and freaking rashes thank you very much you fucking idiot! I can't believe the doctor actually said such a thing and I told her so. She just gave a shrug and told me such things 'just happens' and 'now we know you are allergic to it liao'. Its like, wtf....

Imagine if your computer had been infected with a virus, you take it down to a service center, which proceeds to clear your computer of the said virus, but at the same time, infected your computer with other viruses. You went back to the shop again and they charged you again to remove the other viruses, citing that 'these things happens', would you pay? But it seems like a normal occurance in the medical field, judging from the nonchalent reaction from the doctor. Is there any recourse for patients? Does CASE help in such cases?? I'm really pissed off and unwilling to take this lying down.

2 Comments:

At Monday, June 26, 2006 11:50:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are sibeh suay! But still, quite lucky already! I've heard of very, very horrible stories of drug allergies gone horribly wrong.

On a sidenote, I'm a bit scared by the way Docs hand out antibiotics nowadays. Like free one like that....

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:35:00 am, Blogger Nutcracker said...

sibeh sian, I really sibei suay and sibei sian manz... and I dun think I am lucky at all, I have a feeling my allergy is turning into one of your horrible stories... just hope I'm wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home