Friday, July 28, 2006

Job Hunting

I had never imagined a job hunt being so difficult. While I am pretty confident of myself in terms of presentation and interviewing skills in general, I realised that the difficult part is in getting prospective employers to even take a look at you and grant you that elusive interview. I've sent out more than an estimate of over 30 copies of my resume, yet I have only attended one interview session, and that is a respond to a walk-in interview ad!

Maybe my expectations are too high, maybe my resume is poorly written, maybe employers nowadays are not really willing to pay and train fresh graduates who will later on move on to greener pastures. Or maybe its the economy(but the govt say its good leh!) or simply plain bad luck. I did went to the temple today though, so maybe my luck will change for the better soon :)

It better be soon. So freaking broke.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the many lessons I learnt early in life: When all things fail, it's time to get economical with the truth. Heh.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 2:05:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one sibeh sian, but I was taught that it's better to write targetted resumes instead of photocopying the same one and sending it all over the place.

Targetted resumes should be relevant to the job requirements and only list work experience and activities that you think the HR person on the receiving end is going to be interested in.

You'll be able to avoid "getting economical with the truth" altogether :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home